The Business Travel Network, is an initiative set up and supported by Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset local authorities. The BTN offers businesses and organisations within Dorset FREE practical advice and resources to help their staff access more sustainable travel choices.
The BTN helps each business develop a travel action plan focused on the staff commute and also facilitates business-to-business good practice sharing. It also acts as a collective voice to feedback information to local authorities and public transport providers.
When an employer joins the Business Travel Network they commit to develop, and be delivering, an up to date travel action plan focussed on its employees travel to work. In return they gain access to expertise and resources including:
- Assistance with carrying out site audits and staff travel surveys
- Help with identifying suitable initiatives for their action plan
- Access to exclusive sustainable travel initiatives and discounts
- Participation in the travel plan Accreditation and Awards scheme
- Invitations to best practice networking events and workshops
- Help identify and apply for any relevant funding opportunities
If you are an employer looking to help your staff and would like more information you can e-mail the Business Travel Network or find out more information by visiting the Business Travel Network website.
If you are an employee and would like your organisation to help you travel more sustainably, please pass on this information to your HR department or transport team.